Monday, April 25, 2011

Trying to Take it All In

God has moved wave after wave over the last week at Grace, and I'm just trying to take it all in and appreciate it all today.  Last Sunday we collected an offering of $57, 216.00 to build a home for our orphans (no more) in Cambodia--in one day!!  During the week we boxed up 2,416 pairs of and shipped them to Japan via Soles for Souls.  On Friday, we connected with Jesus on a unique level through communion.  I took some pictures, but they're kind of dark--anyway, Jesus said we would blessed for keeping communion and we were.





Then yesterday was Easter!  We had over 700 kids in our kids' ministries yesterday!  We celebrated the resurrection of Jesus; kids gave their hearts to Him--it was incredible!  I was in the middle of it so I didn't get a chance to snap any photos, but I took this one from our balcony of one of the adult services--each person who wanted to accept Jesus flipped a light switch and turned on a light signifying what was happening in their heart.  As you can see, there were so many it just looks like one big light! I think there were 98 total adult decisions.



That wasn't even the end of the day.  Afterward, we had our Easter Egg Hunt.  I don't know how many people were there, but it was packed.  I snapped a shot of the field that Ethan and Elisha were on--this was just the kids age 5 through 1st Grade.  Our Blue Crew got to mingle with so many people from the community.  Ethan and Elli both had classmates at the hunt who we prayed for last night and will invite back to church.  God blew us away again.



I say all this to give praise to God and to help myself not go the next thing without thanking Him first.  I also say this to shout out loud that God still moves through the local church, which is the hope of the world!  I hope you jump in and are a part of all that God is doing in our world.  If not, you may miss out on the very thing you were made for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment